With a typical wingspan of 3 meters (9 3/4 feet), watching the Peruvian giant condor soar up from the depths of the Colca Canyon is an illustrious and memorable sight. This combined with the natural beauty and tranquility of the region make the Colca Canyon one of Peru’s most enchanting destinations. From Arequipa to the remote valley town of Chivay, the journey will take you through a multitude of diverse landscapes from desert to stark altiplano to dry tundra. Along the route you will see vicuña and other Andean pack animals like llamas, alpacas and guanacos. Visiting the Colca Canyon you will be cast back in time to a land where ancient traditions remain strong in a simplistic, yet captivatingly virtuous way of life. Enjoy the beauty of Peru’s mesmerizing landscapes, unique wildlife and ancient Inca ruins with our Machu Picchu & Colca Canyon vacation package.
The combined natural beauty and tranquility of the region make the Colca Canyon one of Peru’s most enchanting destinations…
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 1 – Collection from Lima Airport, Overnight in Lima
- Day 2 – Mid-morning Flight to Cusco, Afternoon Tour of Pisac Ruins & Market
- Day 3 – Tour of Ollantaytambo Ruins, Moray Ruins and pre-Inca Salt Pans
- Day 4 – Guided Tour of Machu Picchu
- Day 5 – Re-visit Machu Picchu + Short View Point Trek (optional)
- Day 6 – Afternoon Tour of Cusco City
- Day 7 – Free Morning in Cusco, Afternoon Flight to Arequipa
- Day 8 – Morning Tour of Arequipa, Free Afternoon
- Day 9 – Colca Valley Tour
- Day 10 – Colca Canyon & Peruvian Giant Condors, Return to Arequipa
- Day 11 – Flight to Lima, Overnight in Lima
- Day 12 – Morning Tour of Lima, Transfer to Lima Airport
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Peru Vacation expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 325+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)**
- US$ 275 – 325 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)**
- US$ 250 – 275 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)**
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights required: Lima – Cusco / Cusco Arequipa / Arequipa – Lima. Approximate cost US$ 400 – 450 per person.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
The highlands of Peru (Cusco Region)has two seasons, the wet season(November – April) and the dry season(May – October). High-season is from April – November and Christmas and New Year. February and March are the quietest months but have the heaviest rainfall. The Inca Trail (if included) is closed for the month of February.
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
This luxury Peru vacation package is suitable for all ages and families.
Easy: This trip is considered easy. Note that the Incas never built anything on flat ground, and navigating Inca ruins (especially Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu) require a certain amount of basic fitness and mobility.
- The Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
- Colca Canyon
Vacation Package Type:
Natural Wonders of Ecuador: Galapagos & Mashpi Lodge (11 Days)
Explore the natural wonders of Ecuador, and gain a deeper understanding of the beautiful, but fragile natural diversity of our planet…VIEW TOUR
Peru & Hotel Based Galapagos Package (12 Days)
Walk in the footsteps of the Incas and enrich your life by the understanding of life’s ever changing, ever evolving beauty…VIEW TOUR
Colonial Treasures of Brazil (10 Days)
Discover the rich colonial history of Brazil and venture to some of the prettiest villages in the country. Leave with a new perspective on an old land…VIEW TOUR