This is a unique journey in the majestic land of Peru. An opportunity to visit the highlands of the Sacred Valley and then onward to famed Machu Picchu. Onward we bear north to discover some of the gems of hidden Peru. The region of Chachapoyas and Kuelap were relatively secluded from the outside world until the past 15 years and have gradually revealed their elusive secrets. Here you will visit the towering Gocta waterfall, the cliff side burial chambers of Macro and onward to the pinnacled pre-Incan fortress of Kuelap. The Chachapoyas people of this region had their flourishment from the years of 900 to 1400 AD. It leaves behind a settlement of walls of 60 feet high, over 400 circular stone dwellings with geometric friezes, walled mural iconography, and high relief carvings. Visiting Kuelap provides an opportunity to understand the legacy left behind by an extinct early American civilization that contributed much to the region before its disappearance.
A journey of discovery that encompasses the famed Machu Picchu and then ventures to the enigmatic and hidden Chachapoya region of Northern Peru.
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 1 – International Arrival, Collection & Overnight
- Day 2 – Morning Flight to Cusco, Afternoon Visit to the Sacred Valley
- Day 3 – Explore Ollantaytambo Ruins, Afternoon Train to Aguas Calientes
- Day 4 – Guided Tour of Machu Picchu, Travel to Cusco
- Day 5 – Free Morning, Afternoon Guided Tour of Cusco
- Day 6 – Flight to Jaen (via Lima) and Transfer to Cocachimba
- Day 7 – Visit to Gocta Waterfalls
- Day 8 – Guided Tour of Kuelap Fortress
- Day 9 – Flight to Lima, Overnight in Miraflores
- Day 10 – Guided Tour of Lima, International Departure
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Argentina Vacation expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 375+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)**
- US$ 300 – 375 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)**
- US$ 275 – 300 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)**
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights required: Lima – Cusco – Lima / Lima – Jaen – Lima. Approximate cost US$ 450 – 500 per person. We can purchase these flights on your behalf.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
Peru has two seasons, the wet season (November – April) and the dry season (May – October). High-season is from April – November and also Christmas and New Year. February and March are the quietest months and have the heaviest rainfall. The Inca Trail (if included) is closed for the month of February.
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
This luxury Peru vacation package is suitable for all ages and families.
Easy: This trip is considered easy. Note that the Incas never built anything on flat ground, and navigating Inca ruins (especially Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu) require a certain amount of basic fitness and mobility.
- The Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
- Gocta Waterfalls
- Kuelap Fortress
Vacation Package Type:
Glacial Parks & Whales of Peninsula Valdés Argentina (14 Days)
This exploration ventures deep into the lands of Tierra del Fuego (Land of Fire) at the ends of the earth, the glaciers of Patagonia and the unrivalled whale and marine life at the Valdés Peninsula...VIEW TOUR
Atlantic Ocean to Atacama Desert (12 DAYS)
This idyllic odyssey begins at the waters of the Atlantic in illustrious Buenos Aires, heads west to the vineyard heaven at Mendoza and ends in moonscapes at San Pedro de Atacama....VIEW TOUR
Nature’s Finest – Iguazu Falls & Salta Argentina (09 Days)
A tantalising natural adventure from the thundering Falls of Iguazú to the hidden trails of Argentina’s North West at Salta...VIEW TOUR