The core focus of our efforts to truly make an impact on the lives of real people in Latin America…
Our Way of Thinking
FOCUSING ON WHAT IS IMPORTANT
Our company ethos is bound in a sustainable local approach to our travel experiences which inherently flows out to the broader good of our wider planet. The vast majority of our staff live, work eat and breathe in our market destinations across Latin America. This ensures a groundedness in how, as a business, we set out our social responsibility. It is not a case of us the travel provider and them the local people. It is just US; we are one and the same as an extended family. We are cognisant of the impact that tourism can bear upon local populations and resources. On a daily basis through our own staff, and those of our partners, we strive to mitigate the negatives and accentuate the positives of our travel experiences for all stakeholders on the ground. The main ethical categories are social, environmental and pure commercial business but in practice they are not mutually exclusive.
OUR SOCIAL & ENVIRONMENTAL ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Perpetual development of new tour experiences with number quotas. This mitigates the impact of over- tourism on communities
- Engaging with communities as tour initiatives develop. Constant feedback and subsequent amelioration for the best outcomes
- Foster the growth of eco-friendly travel solutions by ourselves and supply partners wherever possible. Includes, but not limited to, logistical infrastructure, hotels, itinerary planning, routing, carbon footprint, recycling etc.
- Quality assurance and training staff. We strive to always learn and improve in order to better serve our staff, community and clients
- Equal opportunity to participate and grow. Regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, race, creed or colour
OUR BUSINESS ETHICAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Honesty in all our transactions
- Build trust and lifelong relationships. It is never about making a quick dollar but reading the long-term value of committed relationships
- Abide by the laws of countries where we operate
- Empower staff of the overarching principle that they as individuals have the ultimate responsibility to make the right decisions
- Pay staff a salary consistent with a good living wage
- Ensure our suppliers work with ethical practices in unison to our own values and expectations
- We treat every client transaction confidentially and not disclose any information without permission of the client, unless required by law
- Strive to ensure that accurate information is provided to enable clients to exercise an informed judgment in choosing their travel services
- Respond in a timely manner to customer complaints and endeavour to resolve them effectively and efficiently
As a business we can only control the controllables and that means what lies close to our markets where we operate. We do all we can to lessen our carbon footprint as mentioned in our social and environmental ethical considerations above. Global initiatives for carbon funds and investments are well meaning and can provide benefits but are not our core focus as a company.
OUR PROJECTS ON THE GROUND
The core focus of our efforts to truly make an impact and working for example with projects like Picaflor House and Medlife who offer life-changing support in Latin America. What matters here are the fundamental needs of existence. Food, a warm bed, medical support and improved education for the betterment of all. We like to see our donations come to fruition in a tangible meal, medical care, a house, a school, a playground, supplies and so forth. Our aim as a business is to grow that capability and broaden our reach to ever new communities across this continent. This pathway for Totally Latin America means we do not typically see accolades or gold badges to adorn our website. The accolades rest in the hearts and minds of the people we engage with and tangibly improve the quality of their lives.
Our motto – When all is said and done an easy conscience is a soft pillow.
Our top picks
FEATURED LATIN AMERICA VACATIONS
Luxury Ponant Antarctica Expedition Cruise – Charcot & Peter I Islands (15 Days)
An illustrious and luxurious expedition into the Antarctic that retraces the voyage of French Explorer Jean-Baptiste Charcot...VIEW TRIP >>
Epicurean Journey in the Food & Gastronomy of Peru (8 Days)
For those seeking a fun and insightful epicurean journey in the gastronomic delights of South America's leading foodies destination...VIEW TRIP >>
Luxury Galapagos & Peru Vacation (14 Days)
A luxurious and memorable journey of a lifetime into the cradle of evolution and onward to the cultural riches of the land of the Incas...VIEW TRIP >>
WHY TOTALLY LATIN AMERICA
Our team live, breathe and deliver the finest Latin American experiences.
Our team members live and work here in Latin America and this equates to them having deep local knowledge. Our world is forever changing and travel and tours do not exist in isolation. Being immersed in the cultures and traveling throughout Latin America on a perpetual basis means our staff maintain their ability to dream, create and deliver truly exceptional luxury vacations. We have learned, and continue to learn on the ground, the intricacies that are a prerequisite to crafting journeys of a lifetime for you our valued clients.
LUXURY TRAVEL WITH SOUL
We deliver quintessentially deep, enriching and meaningful journeys of a lifetime.
Luxury travel has changed and we are pioneers of that change here in Latin America. The very finest accommodations are a pre-requisite but the ability to connect with destinations, cultures and people are the foundations of vacations that deliver truly memorable experiences. Life and soul enriching journeys to witness and engage in how our fellow humans live in far distant lands. Our tours are an educational piece and when you leave you will be a better person that before. Having time to connect with people and being taught by your own trusted guide allows you to broaden your understanding of new cultures and how they live. Our journeys will touch your soul and allow you view the world with a clean pair of eyes. Together we can dream, create and deliver the ultimate Latin American journey tailor-made for you.
Customer Care to the Ends of the Earth.
We have been in business for over a decade on this continent. Throughout that time, we have seen and lived through all the potential challenges of traveling here. Our clients from the Galapagos to Cape Horn and the ends of the earth have enjoyed our performances when issues arise. They do arise, but it is how we take responsibility and ownership of those problems that sets our staff apart. Our raison d’être is bounded in the saying that trust starts with the truth and ends with the truth.
Committed Actions to Improve the Environment for Both People and Nature
Each person that travels with our company helps to improve the lives of local people. We are a proud sponsor of the Picaflor House project near Cusco Peru. Picaflor House provides essential after school programmes, health & hygiene, English classes and fun activities to the children of Oropesa and several small villages. Many families here speak Quechua and so the school helps them to understand and complete their homework which is in Spanish. Without such fundamental early educational assistance, and activities which they are enriched by, these children would lead a forever disadvantaged life.