Peru as an archaeological destination is a fascinating prospect on a journey of lifetime. With our local knowledge we have endeavored to create an insightful and educational archaeological tour of Peru. The adventure takes you across myriad cultures from the pre-Columbian late archaic of the Norte Chico, early intermediate Nazca, mid- horizon Wari and culminating in the late horizon Inca culture. Over many years we have worked with our local guides to foster their commitment to continual education as the archaeological understanding evolves. We believe this leads to valuable insights for our travelers. It enables our clients to view destinations not as minims of bygone cultures but living entities to be explored and understood in a perpetual evolution. We invite you to venture out on this unique archaeological tour of Peru and be forever enlightened by the nonpareil cultural gems which await your arrival.
Discover the complete history of Peru, with our, insightful and educational archaeological tour of Peru.
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 01 – International Arrival. Overnight Miraflores Lima.
- Day 02 – Larco Museum Lima & Pachacamac Ruins. Transfer to Paracas. Overnight Paracas.
- Day 03 – Morning Overflight Nazca Lines. Transfer to Lima. Overnight Miraflores Lima.
- Day 04 – Caral (Norte Chico civilization). Overnight Miraflores Lima.
- Day 05 – Mid-morning Flight to Cusco, Pikillacta (Wari Culture), Tipon and Andahuaylillas. Overnight Sacred Valley.
- Day 06 – Tour of Pisac and Ollantaytambo Ruins. Overnight Sacred Valley.
- Day 07 – Guided Tour of Machu Picchu. Overnight near Machu Picchu.
- Day 08 – Re-visit Machu Picchu. Return to Cusco.
- Day 09 – Tour of Cusco and MAP Museum (Pre-Colombian Art Museum). Overnight Cusco.
- Day 10 – Free morning Cusco. Evening Flight to Lima and Depart.
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Peru and Galapagos expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 350+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)**
- US$ 275 – 300 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)**
- US$ 250 – 275 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)**
**NOTE: The price of the trip varies greatly depending on the level of hotels that are included in your trip. Talk to a travel expert about the hotels that best meets your budget expectations.
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights needed Lima – Cusco – Lima. Approximate cost US$ 250 – 350 per person. We can purchase these flights on your behalf.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
Peru has two seasons, the wet season (November – April) and the dry season (May – October). High-season is from April – November and also Christmas and New Year. February and March are the quietest months and have the heaviest rainfall. The Inca Trail (if included) is closed for the month of February.
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly. Remember that Pachacamac ruin is closed on Mondays.
This archaeological tour of Peru is suitable for all ages and families.
- The Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
- Galapagos Islands
Vacation Package Type:
- World Wonder
Atlantic Ocean to Atacama Desert (12 DAYS)
This idyllic odyssey begins at the waters of the Atlantic in illustrious Buenos Aires, heads west to the vineyard heaven at Mendoza and ends in moonscapes at San Pedro de Atacama....VIEW TOUR
Majestic Iguazu Falls & Lake District Argentina to Chile (13 Days)
Two weeks of the charms of Argentina and Chile. We include thundering waterfalls, amazing treks, helicopter rides and not least a perfect sprinkling of magical relaxation...VIEW TOUR
Luxury Adventure Quest Patagonia – Argentina & Chile (12 DAYS)
Journey to the end of the earth to explore nature’s finest at the Land of Fire and wild Patagonia. Take this epic adventure through Argentina and Chile...VIEW TOUR