Combine the most popular attractions in Peru with this carefully designed 12 days Peru itinerary. Journey deep into the Amazon Jungle and be captivated by the unique atmosphere only found in this remote tropical region of the world. Macaw, brown capuchin monkey and saddleback tamarin are commonly spotted, but keep your eyes open as squirrel monkey, harpy eagle and even jaguar have been sighted in the area. In the Cusco region, you get to discover the vestiges of what was once one of the world’s greatest civilizations – the Inca Empire. From the tranquil rural setting of the Sacred Valley, to the Imperial City of Cusco to the awe-inspiring citadel of Machu Picchu, there is no shortage of amazing attractions to stimulate your imagination and senses. Culminating in the high altiplano of Peru’s Southern Andes, you will venture out onto Lake Titicaca, a place considered by ancient myth to be the birthplace of the universe and mankind alike. You’ll visit the floating Uros islands where locals still speak the ancient language of Aymara, and visit the charming island of Taquile, where men are the masters at knitting.
Whet your travel appetite with our all-encompassing 12 day Peru itinerary, and discover Peru’s diverse cultures, ancient ruins and bio-diverse natural wonders…
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 1 – Collection from Lima Airport, Overnight in Lima
- Day 2 – Fly to Amazon Jungle (Tambopata Region), Afternoon Jungle Excursion
- Day 3 – Full Day Jungle Excursions
- Day 4 – Morning Jungle Excursion, Fly to Cusco, Overnight in the Sacred Valley
- Day 5 – Tour of Ollantaytambo Ruins, Pisac Ruins & Market
- Day 6 – Guided Tour of Machu Picchu
- Day 7 – Re-visit Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Mountain Trail
- Day 8 – Afternoon Tour of Cusco City
- Day 9 – Travel from Cusco to Puno
- Day 10 – Lake Titicaca Excursion (Uros & Taquile Islands)
- Day 11 – Fly to Lima
- Day 12 – Morning Tour of Lima, International Departure
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Peru Vacation expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 325+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)**
- US$ 275 – 325 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)**
- US$ 250 – 275 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)**
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights required: Lima – Cusco – Lima. Approximate cost US$ 300 – 380 per person. Option to Fly from Cusco to Juliaca (if included) approximate cost US$ 125 per person. We can purchase these flights on your behalf.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
The highlands of Peru (Cusco Region) has two seasons, the wet season (November – April) and the dry season (May – October). High-season is from April – November and Christmas and New Year. February and March are the quietest months but have the heaviest rainfall. The Inca Trail (if included) is closed for the month of February. The Amazon Jungle also has similar seasons, but they are known as the highwater season (December – April) and the low water season (May – November). Each season brings its own advantages and disadvantages, but generally most visitors tend to avoid the highwater season in the jungle due to the increased rainfall. That said, it can rain anytime of the year in the Amazon Rainforest. For Puno & Lake Titicaca, the weather is similar to the Cusco Region, with a wet and a dry season, except that due to the elevated altitude of the region, the temperatures at night can go well below freezing (last week of May – early July).
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
This luxury Peru vacation package is suitable for all ages and families. For the jungle we recommend children to have a minimum of 8 years of age.
Easy: This trip is considered easy. Note that the Incas never built anything on flat ground, and navigating Inca ruins (especially Ollantaytambo and Machu Picchu) require a certain amount of basic fitness and mobility. Jungle activities often include treks for 1-2 hours on flat terrain. During the highwater season in the jungle, the ground can become boggy and slippery making walking a little more taxing.
- The Amazon Jungle
- The Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
- Lake Titicaca
Vacation Package Type:
Short Antarctic Cruise & Fly the Drake Passage (08 Days)
A comprehensive yet compact way to experience Antarctica. Fly to King George Island, explore Antarctica and return via the Drake Passage....VIEW TRIP >>
Luxury Ponant Antarctica Expedition Cruise – Charcot & Peter I Islands (15 Days)
An illustrious and luxurious expedition into the Antarctic that retraces the voyage of French Explorer Jean-Baptiste Charcot...VIEW TRIP >>