The excitement and anticipation of knowing that you are hiking towards Machu Picchu, one of the world’s finest archeological gems will far outweigh any concerns you have about the moderate trekking challenge ahead of you. Following some 39 miles (64 km’s) of original Inca Trail you’ll venture deep into remote parts of the Andes, where few other visitors to Peru have ever ventured. Step by step you navigate your way through scenic mountain passes, slowly descending to the semi-tropical Peruvian jungle and onto the sanctuary of Machu Picchu. You’ll pass by untouched Inca ruins like Runcuracay, Llactapata and Wiñaywayna (a beautiful small Inca citadel). Don’t forget to look around you as you trek, as the Inca Trail is also rich in flora and fauna. Falcons, small hummingbirds, eagles and sometimes even Peru’s giant condor can be spotted. The Inca Trail is simply unforgettable, and one of the best trekking experiences available in Peru.
Walk in the footsteps of Inca royalty on this unforgettable journey through the Andes and onto the lost sanctuary of Machu Picchu…
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 1 – International Flight Arrival, Overnight in Lima
- Day 2 – Morning Flight to Cusco, Light Orientation Walk
- Day 3 – Tour of the Sacred Valley (Ollantaytambo & Pisac)
- Day 4 – Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Day 5 – Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Day 6 – Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Day 7 – Inca Trail to the Sun Gate, Guided Tour of Machu Picchu
- Day 8 – Re-visit Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Trek
- Day 9 – Free Morning in Cusco, Afternoon Flight to Lima
- Day 10 – Morning Tour of Lima, Transfer to Lima Airport
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Argentina Vacation expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 280+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)**
- US$ 250 – 280 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)**
- US$ 225 – 250 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)**
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights required: Lima – Cusco – Lima. Approximate cost US$ 380 – 450 per person. We can purchase these flights on your behalf.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
Peru has two seasons, the wet season (November – April) and the dry season (May – October). High-season is from April – November and also Christmas and New Year. February and March are the quietest months and have the heaviest rainfall. The Inca Trail is closed for the month of February.
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
This Peru vacation package is suitable for active adults and children over the age of 10.
Moderate – challenging: This trip is an active trip that includes 4-days of moderate to challenging trekking. It is recommended to have a medium to high level of fitness for this package. Due to the challenging terrain on the Inca Trail, we recommend this is not suitable for anyone with limited mobility. Talk to a luxury Peru vacation specialist about the suitability of this trip.
- The Sacred Valley
- The 4 Days Classic Inca Trail
- Machu Picchu
Vacation Package Type:
Natural Wonders of Ecuador: Galapagos & Mashpi Lodge (11 Days)
Explore the natural wonders of Ecuador, and gain a deeper understanding of the beautiful, but fragile natural diversity of our planet…VIEW TOUR
Peru & Hotel Based Galapagos Package (12 Days)
Walk in the footsteps of the Incas and enrich your life by the understanding of life’s ever changing, ever evolving beauty…VIEW TOUR
Colonial Treasures of Brazil (10 Days)
Discover the rich colonial history of Brazil and venture to some of the prettiest villages in the country. Leave with a new perspective on an old land…VIEW TOUR