This tour holds the keys to unlock the secluded attractions of Northern Brazil in a spell-binding 13-day luxury Brazil vacation. We begin with all-consuming and extravagant Rio de Janeiro which is home to Carnaval and the iconic Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. Then fly out northwest to discover Manaus and the secret treasures of the deep Amazon Rainforest from your luxury jungle lodge. Awaken to the sounds of the raucous cacophony of birds and animals in their natural habit and experience the lives of remote Amazonian tribes little changed across millennia. Next, onward to destination Atlantic Ocean as you explore culturally rich Belem and colonial Sao Luis to reach the surreal Lencois Maranhenses National Park. The park is a heavenly mix of mighty sand dunes and freshwater lagoons unlike anywhere on our planet. In reality you will experience a luxury Brazil vacation with a proliferation of majestic treasures in store.
Venture off the beaten-path, and discover the real Brazil…
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 01 – Arrive Rio de Janeiro
- Day 02 – Morning City Tour of Rio, Sugar Loaf and Corcovado with Samba
- Day 03 – Rio de Janeiro to Manaus Amazon Rainforest
- Day 04 – Manaus Amazon Rainforest
- Day 05 – Manaus Amazon Rainforest
- Day 06 – Fly Manaus Amazon Rainforest to Belem
- Day 07 – Belem to Marajo Island
- Day 08 – Marajo Island
- Day 09 – Belem to Sao Luis
- Day 10 – Sao Luis to Barreirinhas & Lencois Maranhenses National Park
- Day 11 – Lencois Maranhenses National Park
- Day 12 – Lencois Maranhenses National Park to Sao Luis
- Day 13 – Sao Luis to Rio de Janeiro, Depart
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Brazil travel expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 500+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)
- US$ 375 – 500 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)
- US$ 325 – 375 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Entrance tickets.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights needed Rio de Janeiro – Manaus – Belem / Sao Luis – Rio de Janeiro. Approximate cost US$ 600 – 700 per person. We can purchase these flights on your behalf.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
With epic attractions Rio de Janeiro can be visited all year around. The summer months of January – March are when Brazilian takes their vacations, so expect the city’s hotels and beaches to be full. Many visitors avoid the summer months due to limited hotel availability and increased hotel rates. For this vacation package it is best to avoid the dates of Rio Carnival, which is held every year before Lent (see dates below). Manaus Amazon Jungle Region is split into 2 seasons: wet season from November – April and the dry season from May – October. Each season brings different experiences and wildlife, but wet season months tend to be warmer and more humid, so many visitors opt to avoid these months. Belem, Sao Luis & Lencois Maranhenses receive fairly constant temperatures throughout the year. The months of February – May receive heavy rainfall which may affect the enjoyment of your vacation, so best avoided. We recommend heading to this region from May – August, after the rainy season has passed. In the Lencois Maranhenses National Park, the lagoons will start to dry from September onward, losing its splendor and appeal.
Rio Carnival Dates:
2019 Dates: March 1 – March 6
2020 Dates: February 21 – February 26
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
This vacation package is suitable for people looking for an active trip with light-activity. This trip includes some light hiking and nature trails. We recommend that this is not suitable for children under 8 years of age.
Easy – Moderate: This travel package is suitable for active people with a good basic level of fitness and agility. This trip includes some light hiking and nature trails.
- Rio de Janeiro
- Christ the Redeemer
- Sugar Loaf Mountain
- Manaus Amazon
- Marajo Island
- Sao Luis
- Lencois Maranhenses National Park
Vacation Package Type:
Colonial Treasures of Brazil (10 Days)
Discover the rich colonial history of Brazil and venture to some of the prettiest villages in the country. Leave with a new perspective on an old land…VIEW TRIP >>
Natural Wonders of Brazil (10 Days)
Fulfill your inner desire to explore, and connect with the vibrance, diversity and natural wonders that can only be found in Brazil…VIEW TRIP >>
Three World Wonders of Latin America (12 Days)
Tantalize your senses and fulfill your travel ambitions with this ultimate Latin America adventure…VIEW TRIP >>
Brazil Adventure: Rio, Iguazu & Pantanal Wildlife (10 Days)
Immerse yourself in the abundance of incredible natural wonders that Brazil offers. Feed your desire to experience the unknown beauty of our planet…VIEW TRIP >>
Essential Brazil (7 Days)
With a host of globally renowned must-see landmarks, Brazil is a hard destination to beat. The best attraction of all however is the soul of the Brazilian people…VIEW TRIP >>