This luxury Peru & Hotel Based Galapagos Package is an opportunity to come live two of the most enthralling destinations on our plant. Peru, a land of rich cultural heritage and tradition offers opportunities for exploring the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the fortress of Machu Picchu and the rich treasures of Colonial and Incan Cusco city. Further onward to Quito Ecuador to see this beautiful UNESCO heritage gem, before setting flight to the Columbus Archipelago of the Galapagos Islands. These enchanted volcanic isles rise from the Pacific Ocean 600 miles from mainland South America. Your luxury Peru & Hotel Based Galapagos Package will see you based in a beautiful hotel on Santa Cruz Island where you will venture out to marvel at the evolutionary miracles lying in wait for you in the flora and fauna of these lands.
Walk in the footsteps of the Incas and enrich your life by the understanding of life’s ever changing, ever evolving beauty…
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 01 – Arrive Lima
- Day 02 – Flight to Cusco, Visit Pisac Market and Ruins
- Day 03 – Misminay Andean Community, Maras Salt Pans, Moray Ruins
- Day 04 – One Day Inca Trail Hike to Machu Picchu
- Day 05 – Guided Tour of Machu Picchu, Huayna Picchu Hike
- Day 06 – Free Morning, Afternoon Cusco Tour
- Day 07 – Flight to Quito via Lima
- Day 08 – Tour of Colonial Quito
- Day 09 – Santa Cruz Island & Charles Darwin Research Station
- Day 10 & 11 – Island Visits Galapagos
- Day 12 – Flight to Guayaquil/ Quito
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Peru and Galapagos expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 750+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)**
- US$ 600 – 750 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)**
- US$ 500 – 600 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)**
**NOTE: The price of the trip varies greatly depending on the level of hotels that are included in your trip. Talk to a travel expert about the hotels that best meets your budget expectations.
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights needed Lima – Cusco – Lima / Quito – Galapagos – Guayaquil. Approximate cost US$ 1,100 – 1,250 per person. We can purchase these flights on your behalf.
- INGALA Transit Control Card – US$ 20 pp (subject to change at any time).
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee: US$ 100 pp (adult) / US$ 50 pp (child) (subject to change at any time).
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
You can travel to the Galapagos anytime of the year. There isn’t really a good or bad time to travel, simply different times. When you travel could depend on the wildlife that you want to see, breading patterns or when the water is warmer for snorkeling. There are many considerations! December – February offers a warmer climate, and sea temperatures also start to increase meaning that you’ll probably not need a wet suit for snorkeling come February. Over Christmas and New Year hotel prices are usually higher availability is often challenging (often booked up 12-16 months in advance). March – April: These are the warmest months of the year and an increasingly popular time to travel. During these months you’ll want air-conditioning in your hotel to offset the scorching sun. May – July: Temperatures in the Galapagos start to cool off, so a great time for exploring the islands. This is a popular period to travel, so booking with lots of anticipation is important during this period. Towards the end of these months, nighttime temperatures can get a little nippy, so you’ll need to be prepared with a light jacket or jumper. August – November: These are the coolest months in the Galapagos. This period is known as the “garua” period as the islands and seas are encapsulated in a light mist. If hiking in the highlands you may require a light water-proof jacket. August and September are known for having choppier seas. These months are good for snorkeling as the water is clearer, but due to the lower sea temperatures a wetsuit is usually required. This would be considered low season in the Galapagos. Peru has two seasons, the wet season (November – April) and the dry season (May – October). High-season is from April – November and also Christmas and New Year. February and March are the quietest months and have the heaviest rainfall. The Inca Trail (if included) is closed for the month of February.
BOOKING WITH ANTICIPATION:
We highly recommend that you plan your Peru & Hotel Based Galapagos Package with as much anticipation as possible. It is not uncommon over holiday periods and during high-season (April – July) that hotels are booked up 12- 16 months in advance.
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
This Peru & Hotel Based Galapagos Package is suitable for people looking for an active trip that includes light-adventure. It is suitable for all ages but consider carefully taking young children or babies to the Galapagos. If you include the 1-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu we recommend that children are 10 years old (minimum).
Easy – Moderate: This Galapagos and Peru travel package is suitable for most people. It is recommended to have a good level of fitness and mobility as island excursions can include moderately-challenging hikes.
- The Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
- Galapagos Islands
Vacation Package Type:
- World Wonder
Peru & Hotel Based Galapagos Package (12 Days)
Walk in the footsteps of the Incas and enrich your life by the understanding of life’s ever changing, ever evolving beauty…VIEW TOUR
Luxury Galapagos & Peru Vacation (14 Days)
A journey of a lifetime into the cradle of evolution and onward to the cultural riches of the land of the IncasVIEW TOUR
Three World Wonders of Latin America (12 Days)
Tantalize your senses and fulfill your travel ambitions with this ultimate Latin America adventure…VIEW TOUR