This luxury Galapagos and Peru vacation is a journey of a lifetime into the cradle of evolution and onward to the cultural riches of the land of the Incas. We begin with a visit to capture the wonders of colonial Quito in the high Andes before heading out six-hundred miles into the Pacific Ocean to the Galapagos. Tomas de Berlanga in 1535 named these as The Enchanted Isles and the same holds true today in nature’s wonderland. Next you will arrive to Peru, a land steeped in cultural tradition. The Sacred Valley of the Incas holds 62 miles of astounding Inca ruins leading onward to the revered Machu Picchu. Our professional local guides at each destination will bring you back in time to understand the concepts of life, their social meaning; and ultimately learn what this thinking heralded for their unique destiny.
A journey of a lifetime into the cradle of evolution and onward to the cultural riches of the land of the Incas
QUICK OVERVIEW BY DAY:
- Day 01 – Arrive Quito
- Day 02 – Morning City Tour of Colonial Quito
- Day 03 – Luxury Galapagos Cruise
- Day 04 – Luxury Galapagos Cruise
- Day 05 – Luxury Galapagos Cruise
- Day 06 – Luxury Galapagos Cruise
- Day 07 – Luxury Galapagos Cruise & Flight to Lima via Guayaquil
- Day 08 – Flight to Cusco and Visit the Sacred Valley
- Day 09 – Sacred Valley Tour: Maras, Moray & Ollantaytambo
- Day 10 – Vistadome Train to Machu Picchu and Guided Tour
- Day 11 – Revisit Machu Picchu & Mountain Trek. Return Train to Cusco
- Day 12 – Free Morning. Afternoon Tour Cusco
- Day 13 – Fly to Lima. Overnight Lima
- Day 14 – Morning Tour of Lima. Evening Departure
Our trips are tailor-made to suit your requirements. Contact a luxury Peru & Galapagos Vacations expert for a comprehensive itinerary and pricing:
- US$ 750+ per person per day (based on 5-star hotels)**
- US$ 600 – 750 per person per day (based on 4-star hotels)**
- US$ 500 – 600 per person per day (based on 3-star hotels)**
**NOTE: The price of the trip varies greatly depending on the level of cruise and hotels that are included in your trip. Talk to a travel expert about the hotels that best meets your budget expectations.
Included in the Price:
- Guided excursions as described in itinerary.
- Hotel nights + breakfasts.
- Airport collections and drop-offs with check-in and baggage assistance.
- 24 Hour emergency contact number and assistance (in-country).
Not Included in the Price:
- International flights.
- Domestic flight package. Flights needed Quito – Galapagos – Guayaquil / Lima – Cusco – Lima. Approximate cost US$ 1,100 – 1,250 per person. We can purchase these flights on your behalf.
- INGALA Transit Control Card – US$ 20 pp (subject to change at any time).
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee: US$ 100 pp (adult) / US$ 50 pp (child) (subject to change at any time).
- Tips or gratuities.
- Other meals not stated in the itinerary.
- Travel insurance.
You can travel to the Galapagos anytime of the year. There isn’t really a good or bad time to travel, simply different times. When you travel could depend on the wildlife that you want to see, breading patterns or when the water is warmer for snorkeling. There are many considerations! December – February offers a warmer climate, and sea temperatures also start to increase meaning that you’ll probably not need a wet suit for snorkeling come February. Over Christmas and New Year hotel prices are usually higher availability is often challenging (often booked up 12-16 months in advance). March – April: These are the warmest months of the year and an increasingly popular time to travel. During these months you’ll want air-conditioning in your hotel to offset the scorching sun. May – July: Temperatures in the Galapagos start to cool off, so a great time for exploring the islands. This is a popular period to travel, so booking with lots of anticipation is important during this period. Towards the end of these months, nighttime temperatures can get a little nippy, so you’ll need to be prepared with a light jacket or jumper. August – November: These are the coolest months in the Galapagos. This period is known as the “garua” period as the islands and seas are encapsulated in a light mist. If hiking in the highlands you may require a light water-proof jacket. August and September are known for having choppier seas. These months are good for snorkeling as the water is clearer, but due to the lower sea temperatures a wetsuit is usually required. This would be considered low season in the Galapagos. Peru has two seasons, the wet season (November – April) and the dry season (May – October). High-season is from April – November and also Christmas and New Year. February and March are the quietest months and have the heaviest rainfall. The Inca Trail (if included) is closed for the month of February.
BOOKING WITH ANTICIPATION
We highly recommend that you plan your Galapagos vacation with as much anticipation as possible. It is not uncommon over holiday periods and during high-season (April – July) that hotels are booked up 12- 16 months in advance.
Dates are flexible and customized to meet your needs. Let us know which dates work best for you and we will tailor the itinerary accordingly.
This Galapagos and Peru vacation package is suitable for people looking for an active trip that includes light-adventure. It is suitable for all ages but consider carefully taking young children or babies to the Galapagos. We recommend a minimum age of 8 years for children.
Easy – Moderate: This Galapagos and Peru travel package is suitable for most people. It is recommended to have a good level of fitness and mobility as island excursions can include moderately-challenging hikes. Some island excursions require wet landings, meaning that you’ll be taken close to the shore in a zodiac boat, and you’ll disembark in shallow water.
- Galapagos Islands
- The Sacred Valley
- Machu Picchu
Vacation Package Type:
- World Wonder
Atlantic Ocean to Atacama Desert (12 DAYS)
This idyllic odyssey begins at the waters of the Atlantic in illustrious Buenos Aires, heads west to the vineyard heaven at Mendoza and ends in moonscapes at San Pedro de Atacama....VIEW TOUR
Majestic Iguazu Falls & Lake District Argentina to Chile (13 Days)
Two weeks of the charms of Argentina and Chile. We include thundering waterfalls, amazing treks, helicopter rides and not least a perfect sprinkling of magical relaxation...VIEW TOUR
Luxury Adventure Quest Patagonia – Argentina & Chile (12 DAYS)
Journey to the end of the earth to explore nature’s finest at the Land of Fire and wild Patagonia. Take this epic adventure through Argentina and Chile...VIEW TOUR